woensdag 13 augustus 2008

Have a nice day.

Hi there!
It has been a sucking-week, as I call it. You know the feeling when everything goes wrong and nothing seems to go your way. You realise that your ex boyfriend has been sleeping with 4 different girls (including yourself) in 2 months time, witch means this is a very good reason to dump him jet again but you still have problems doing just that. You cling to this feeling of emptiness, not knowing what to do about it and the worst thing is… He’s doesn’t even realise it! He’s being the jerk as he always is, partying even more; witch means: meeting a lot of new girls. Asshole!
Next to that I have a decision to make, about another stress factor in your life: your education! After not being accepted for medical school, I need to find something else. But what? That’s the big question!
Oh did I tell you I also quit my job? Just to make everything a little bit more easy! Unbelievable how all these things just come up in the same week, or better said the same day.
I decided it was time to put on loud rock music and dance in front of the mirror, but the empty and depressing feeling didn’t go away. Even after eating only carbs and chocolates all day, witch normally makes me feel so much better, the emptiness was still there. Maybe fresh air will do it, I thought. I went running for about an hour and on my way back home I bought the new Vogue, Marie Claire, InStyle and Glamour magazine. No, still feeling like shit.

Because I’m experiencing a sucking-week (I don‘t think it‘s actually a word!). I decided to make a list to help you have a good day, when your feeling down… And because I need it very badly at the moment, I’m going to do all those things as well! So: 5 ways to make your day.

1. Bake a cake! Dr. Izzy’s (Grey’s anatomy) remedy against stress and empty feeling.
2. Power napping. Scientifically proofed that napping for about 20 minutes during the day helps with concentrating, your memory and feeling better.
3. Being green. It’s good to think about the environment or somebody else when your feeling down! Green Thing encourages people to be more green, how does that work? They email you an assignment every month to do something green. When you do this assignment, Green Thing will show you what you did for the environment at www.dothegreenthing.com.
4. Be like Karl! When you have a bad day, open up a bottle of Champagne. Just because you feel like it! When you’re not allowed to drink yet, do it like Karl Lagerfeld and drink water from a crystal champagne glass.
5. Keep smiling. Perhaps cry first, but after a little while just keep smiling. Tests have shown that even a fake smile lifts up your spirit.

Just writing this blog today made me feel a bit better! I’m going to make some pasta, lots of carbs (jummy!) and have a lovely glass of champagne. Just because I feel like it!

See ya!!!
xox,

Julie.

Geen opmerkingen: