maandag 28 juli 2008

Dear Dairy!

Thursday
After finishing up at the university, you know, returning the books and saying goodbye too your teachers, I went to see Chloé. We took a homemade mani and pedi, and we went shopping for some new cloths for our manhunt. I bought a fantastic dress from one of my favourite brands sass & Bride. I’m in love with this brand since they just started out in Londen (Portobello road market), where I bought my first t-shirt. This rock/sexy outfit is perfect for tonight. (see below)

After dinner at Chloé’s place, we went to a bar called Alto. Alto is a cosy Jazz café with a live band, it is small and mostly very crowded. (Adres: Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 115) Normaly you would walk by it and never go inside or you just walk pass it because it’s so small. Anyway, we had a good time in Alto until I saw my ex-boyfriend Laurens (see previous blog: Sunday, it’s a first! Date: July 6, 2008 for more info about Laurens). I don’t mind seeing him, we still talk to each other and we still have a good relationship. Perhaps to good, because as always I just couldn’t resist him. The crazy thing is, he’s not that good-looking but there is something about him. I guess it is called charisma or something; he never has a problems finding girls to love and like him. Anyway, I promised Chloé that I would be a good girl and just talk to him and nothing else! So we just talked and I tried not to flirt to much. There was no manhunt for the rest of the night, a lot of attention but none looked like Laurens. I miss him!

Friday
Nothing happened with Laurens on Thursday, secretly I wished it did. Today I did a bit of shopping with Kate. She needed some things for her apartment; her huge apartment. So we went to the Ikea, a great shop. I guess you know it, because you can find the Ikea almost everywhere. When you’re done with the shopping you can buy a lovely hotdog for only €1,50 , with drinks included. I mean that’s cheap!! And the hotdogs are very tasteful, that’s important too. After our delicious hotdog we went back to Kate’s house and we made some great Mexican food. with our friend Amy and we had our dinner on Kate’s sunny roof terrace, with a little wine of course!

Saturday
Had to wake up around 7.30 AM, this means after just 3 hours of sleep, to go to work. Laurens had been sending me messages in the middle of the night and called me around 5 AM. He was just coming back from a party and something happened that reminded him of me. Honestly, I think that’s just an excuse to call me. I know that! Anyway, I had to go to work feeling sick from the wine, but most of all from the Mexican food with not much of sleep. Trust me, working feeling like that sucks! But I went, like a good girl, and stayed until they closed. After work I had another dinner party. So I went there, wearing my new dress (again). The dinner party was at Kate’s place (again), because of the weather (it’s very warm in Holland) we had a light dinner. With different salads, sandwiches, cheeses, wine and conversations. Around 2 AM I went back to my place. Witch is about 4 minutes by bike, a very normal way of transportation in Amsterdam. You see bikes everywhere, it is crazy! I love my bike, it’s an old one and not really pretty but it’s the best bike ever!

Sunday.
Had to work again, but had some more sleep than last night. I needed that sleep very badly. Luckily Laurens went to his parent, so he did not send messages non stop threw out the night and he had an early night as well. I just had to work for 5 hours, this Sunday, so I had some time to sit outside in the lovely sun. The weather has been great the last week, around 27 degrees, lots of sun (and sometimes a bit of rain, witch sucks.). After work I joined my friend Charlotte (See also my blog: Sunday, it’s a first. Date: July 6, 2008 for more about Charlotte) in the Vondelpark. A very famous park in Amsterdam and a great place to enjoy the sun. We had dinner in ‘t Blauwe Theehuis in the Vondelpark. A simple restaurant, with a very simple menu but the food is really good and I love the location (Address: Vondelpark 5). In the summer you have steak of the grill with a salad and baby potatoes or salmon with a lovely salad for only €13,00. On Sunday from 2 PM they also serve great finger food.
After dinner we went back to Charlottes’ place and we watched a DVD, Vantage Point, very good movie. I recommend watching Vantage Point!
Around 1 AM, I got tired and I went home. At least that was my plan! On my way home I saw Laurens. I stopped with my bike to say hallo. We talked and all of a sudden he kissed me. I kissed him back, of course! What happened the rest of the night? I’m going to keep that for myself. All I’m going to say it was a great night, no regrets and I went back home around 3 PM the next day.

Today.
I had a great night and a great day, after spending the night with Laurens. Before I went back home, I first made a stop at patisserie Kuyt, for a delicious chocolate tart. Somehow everything seemed to sparkle more, there was more light and everything seemed more delicious. That can only mean one thing: Guess I’m in love…

-X-
Julie

Extra note: I got an email a couple of day’s ago, how I could buy so much expensive clothing. To answer that question: I have a job in fashion, witch gives me a discount on clothing from time to time. When I went to university I just worked 1 or perhaps 2 day’s a week, but now when I’m free from the university I can work a bit more and get more cash for clothing. Next to that, I have very nice parents who love their only daughter very much. Hope that answers your question!

Geen opmerkingen: