zondag 6 juli 2008

Sunday, it's a first!

Good morning! Well, yesterday was a great night.. One of my friends Kate, slightly older than me, moved in with her boyfriend and they gave a big housewarming party, in there huge apartment! Seriously! (Yes, I have been watching Grey’s Anatomy). We’ve got lost trying to find the bathroom, and they have 3 of them. How hard can it be to just find one?! Anyway great party, great bar and a, of course, a great barperson. Very HOT!


Let me tell you some things about my friends. Well you have Kate, 25 years, living with the boyfriend. We watch football (Or I believe its called soccer in the USA/UK?) together, eat brownies and have strange nicknames for each other. I’m not going to write them down, because of the following: One night after a dinner party we went for some (more) drinks in the Utrechtsestraat (cozy street, with bars and restaurants). When we were walking, we saw a copy shop (ß read carefully, good!) and there was a bulletin board with cards with names on it. Names that parents give to there baby’s, and of course we went looking for the most stupid and weirdest names. That we found immediately, and we use those names for each other.. But I don’t want to hurt those parents whom chosen those names, so I keep them to myself for the moment.


After I had fallen a sleep again this morning, I woke up by my cellphone. Chloé was trying to call me. Chloé is 20, know her from the UVA (University of Amsterdam). She’s the friend I go men hunting with. But she recently got a boyfriend, so we need to find something else to do, or we’re just going on a man hunt for me. Chloé is the girl with whom I go out to dinner with about 2 or 3 times a week. I know it’s quite a lot, but I really can’t cook and honestly I don’t like it either. I’m spoiled, I know! I remember the first man hunt very well, it was in the Chocolat Bar (www.chocolate-bar.nl). We went there often for drinks. We opened the door and it was full of people, not all very attractive I must say. But there was one we both liked, we set our eyes on him and his friend who more belonged with the rest of the crowed (if you know what I mean). We came up with the following story: After asking if we could share a table together, she would go to the bathroom leaving me alone with the boys and than I should try to talk to them. And that’s what happened, it was fun. We exchanged phone numbers, started to send messages to each other. I ended up “dating” the cute guy, named Laurens, for almost 6 months. It wasn’t very serious, but it was fun. Later on he told me, that they new all along that me were faking the whole “toilet break” scenario. I do feel a bit stupid when I reed the story now, but still with a big smile on my face.


After my late breakfast with Chloé, I got a call from 3 other friends asking if I would like to go shopping. As a real shopping addict, I immediately said YES! Charlotte, Hannah and Kirsten are my girlies. We know each other for years, we’re best friends.. The four of us are like the characters of Sex and the City, we know each other threw and threw. We might not talk to for a while but when we meet again it’s fun as always, like nothing ever happened. I know more than a million story’s about them, about all the things we’ve done and seen. The holidays we spend together, or just the average day at school, everything is fun with them. Charlotte, 20, single, went nuts when she found out that sex and the city the movie was arriving, she almost rented the entire cinema, invited all her friends (in fashionable outfits) to come and see the movie. Hannah, also 20, still lives with her parents, the first with a diploma in fashion, everyone loves and are jealous of her curly hair. She’s the one I mostly go on vacation and take trips with. Kirsten, 20, is a model and just moved in with her boyfriend in his apartment. She’s the one who always has a million things to do, always knows the best party’s and guest list, the most expensive clothing etc. She’s like Samantha in sex and the city, she looks a lot like her. Hannah and Charlotte are more like Carrie.


First, we went to the coffee company, for a good cup of coffee. We sat there eating brownies and drinking coffee, looking into some vogue’s for inspiration and chatting about all the things we want to buy.
We went shopping, and I bought a couple of great things..


I bought this cardigan, from DKNY, and I’m going to wear it with my gray sass & bride jeans and a basic top from the Mango.


The 2nd thing I saw, was this dress.. I have a beach party coming up and I still needed an outfit. When I saw this one, I fell in love with it right away. This Floret bustier dress from Chloé (the brand, not the friend) and my white shoes will look gorgeous together, a trip to the tanning salon and some summer-jewellery and we‘re good to go!


Later on I bought some small things and a couple of bracelets at a vintage market, very cute, and we went to the coffee company again. The rest of the evening was relaxed, I went for a manicure and bought some food at Indonesian takeout and went back to my apartment. Walking by the apartment of my ex, Laurens, I heard they where having a big party. Anyway I was happy to be home and went to eat my dinner in bed. I have to say I don’t like to eat in my bed, but sometimes its just the most relaxing thing you can do. In the meantime I watched an old classic: How to marry a millionaire, with Lauren Becall, Marilyn Monroe and Betty Gable. It was a relaxing Sunday, had fun and I hope you 2; reading my blog. See you next time.

Toedeloe.. XOXO (gossip girl :P)

Geen opmerkingen: